Become a Speaker
The 2023 DONA International Summit, Stand Together: Level Up in Minneapolis, Minnesota will be not only a celebration of being back together in-person but also an opportunity to level up the individual work of the doula and of the profession of birth and postpartum support. We invite proposals designed for a live presentation that also translates to recorded form for potential streaming or post-conference online learning.
Call for Speaker Proposals
DONA International’s Speaker Selection Team is looking for evidence-based presentations that provide transferable skills to our summit attendees. We invite speakers to contribute to the shape of the summit program by submitting a speaker proposal that will reflect the vision of a doula for every person who wants one. Sessions should offer tangible tools and skills for birth professionals as they look to continue this work into the future.
DONA International has a diverse membership, no less diverse than the families we serve. We ask that speakers reflect that diversity in any images and language chosen for their presentation.
We are opening speaker proposal submissions and are seeking presentations relevant to doulas to be submitted by April 1, 2023. We are reviewing submissions on an ongoing basis, so please submit as soon as you are able. Topic suggestions include:
- Birth Professional Skill Builders
- Challenges and Solutions in the Birth World
- Personal and General Professional Development
- Doula Mentoring
- Cultural Competence & Implicit Bias in Healthcare
- Future Considerations for COVID-19 and the Doula/Client
- Birth Equity/Inequity with BIPOC and Marginalized Populations
- Anti-Racism in Birth
- Cultural Intelligence
- Access to Doula Support
- Doula and Client Healing and Mental Health
- Evidenced-Based Practice and Research
- Advocacy or Community Organizing
- International Birth and Postpartum Perspectives
- Childbirth, Postpartum, Lactation etc.
- Postpartum Mental Health
In order to submit, you will need the following information ready:
- Brief description
- Teaching methods and Objectives
- Session details
- Speaker bio
- Professional headshot
Ready to submit your proposal? Visit the online form here.
Concurrent speaker honorarium includes $500, a 1-night complimentary hotel room, as well as the opportunity to register for the full event at 50% registration fees.
The deadline for all submissions is April 1, 2023.
Questions? Contact us via email