Become a Speaker
The 2022 DONA International Summit will be an online learning and celebratory experience as DONA International celebrates its 30th Anniversary! The virtual conference, member meeting, and anniversary celebration will revolve around the 2022 theme Pearls of Wisdom: Future for Tomorrow. We invite proposals designed for virtual learning both in live and pre-recorded virtual format.
Call for Speaker Proposals
DONA International’s Speaker Selection Team is looking for evidence-based presentations that provide transferable skills to our summit attendees. We invite speakers to contribute to the shape of the summit program by submitting a speaker proposal that will reflect the vision of a doula for every person who wants one. Sessions should offer tangible tools and skills for birth professionals as they look to continue this work into the future. This year’s theme allows speakers to share their “pearls of wisdom” while also focusing on the doula and doula profession of tomorrow.
DONA International has a culturally diverse membership, no less multicultural than the families we serve. We ask that speakers reflect that diversity in any images and language chosen for their presentation.
We are opening speaker proposal submissions and are seeking presentations relevant to doulas to be submitted by July 15, 2022. We are reviewing submissions on an ongoing basis, so please submit as soon as you are able. Topic suggestions include:
- Birth Professional Skill Builders
- Challenges and Solutions in the Birth World
- Personal and General Professional Development
- Doula Mentoring
- Cultural Competence & Implicit Bias in Healthcare
- COVID-19 and the Doula/Client
- Birth Equity/Inequity with BIPOC and Marginalized Populations
- Anti-Racism in Birth
- Cultural Intelligence
- Access to Doula Support
- Doula and Client Healing and Mental Health
- Evidenced-Based Practice and Research
- Advocacy or Community Organizing
- International Birth and Postpartum Perspectives
- Childbirth, Postpartum, Lactation etc.
- Postpartum Mental Health
In order to submit, you will need the following information ready:
- Brief description
- Teaching methods and Objectives
- Session details
- Speaker bio
- Professional headshot
Ready to submit your proposal? Visit the online form here.
Concurrent speaker honorarium includes $500 as well as the opportunity to register for the full event at 50% registration fees.
The deadline for all submissions is July 15, 2022.
Questions? Contact us via email