Hear from a variety of speakers with unique topics and choose the ones that will encourage your own skill and growth journey!
Concurrent sessions are ones in which participants can choose a topic that most interests them. Concurrent session speakers often present sessions that are more specific to learning a new skill or discussing a topic of interest. Concurrent sessions run at the same time and participants typically pick one session to attend. Concurrent sessions will run over 3 sessions (4 choices per session) during the live event with on-demand access to the other sessions after the conference concludes. Participants who attend all concurrent sessions (live and on-demand) can earn 12 contact hours.
Concurrent Sessions Include:
- Cultural Competence: Let’s Flip the Script! With Dr. Hillary Melchoirs
- Say YES: How to Move Past Self-Doubt into Your Dream Birth Work Career with Katie Rice
- Doulas We Got Your Back! with Dr. Kenyon Godwin
- The Importance of Debriefing the Birth with Selena Shelley
- Preparing Clients for the Identity Shift to Motherhood. It’s more than making strong coffee and learning basic baby care with Jessie Harold
- Overcoming Compassion Fatigue and Vicarious Trauma for Birth Caregivers who Bear Witness to Loss, Trauma, and Pain with Amber Laing
- Connecting with Clients in Virtual World: Digital Strategies for Coaching Your Clients and Building Your Business with Shannon Field, Naima Beckles and Jenn D’Jamoos
- The Importance of Virtual Postpartum Doula Support with Darcy Sauers
- Rock Your Prenatal Appointments Using the Birth Ball: Improve Your Clients’ Pregnancy, Labor & Birth Experiences with Emily Wannenburg
- The International Childbirth Initiative (ICI): A Tool for Education and Advocacy for Safe and Respectful Childbirth With Rae Davies and Debra Pascali Bonaro
- Birthworker Communication With Millennials with Denise Bolds
- Doulas Perspectives: The Pandemic Around the Globe with our International Panel of DONA Certified Doulas